1. On Page SEO
On Page SEO is a part of Search Engine Optimisation technique used to optimise web pages according to On Page SEO principles.
To begin working with On Page SEO you need to have basic knowledge of HTML and content for writing the Title, Meta Description and assigning a proper name to the image using ALT tag.
In On Page you have to carry out the following in your website:
- Title Tag Optimisation
- Meta Tag Optimisation
- Content Optimisation
- Image Optimisation
- Internal and External Linking
- Remove Hidden Content
- URL Structure or Renaming
- Header Tag Optimisation
- File Renaming
2. Technical SEO
Technical SEO is a part of On Page SEO and plays an important role in getting a good position in SERP (Search Engine Rank Page) results.
To fix Technical SEO issues you need to have basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, FTP and Web Hosting.If not you can take the assistance of your Web Developer to fix the following Technical SEO factors:
- robots.txt file
- Reducing Website Load Time
- Canonical Issues
- Redirection Issues
- Convert Website Links with CDN
- Remove Dead Links (404 Errors)
- Minify HTML, CSS and JS Files
- Avoid Bad Request
- Leverage Browser Caching
- Compress Webpage
3. Website Structure (Especially Navigation)
While designing a website you have to take care of SEO factors. To identify if the website structures are SEO friendly or not take the assistance of any SEO Specialist or Digital Marketing Expert.
If you don’t have any SEO Specialist please instruct your Web Developer / Designer to follow the SEO principles while developing the website.
If you have a good website structure you are in an advantageous position on Search Enginesingettinggood results for business keywords.
Factors that need to be considered in Website Structure are as below:
- Primary and Secondary Menu Structure
- Presentation on Home Page (Use less of Graphics)
- Try and keep each web page < 2MB
- Each web page should have< 100 Requests
- Page loading speed to be between 2 secs and 6 secs
- Don’t use Iframe, Flash, Animation and GIF images as they are against SEO
4. Local SEO
Local SEO is for targeting the local audience. Local SEO differs from the average SEO as it concentrates on your business services / sales in a particular local area.
Google My Business Page is important for local SEO prospects as Search engines list your site on top of the business page only for local search keywords.
Factors to consider for Local SEO:
- Google Business Page with Unique Description, Website Link, Business Address, Good Reviews and Contact Information.
- Add your Business in Bing Map
- Have a presence in Social media and link all social media with your website
- Target Proper Keywords in Title and Meta description
- Target Regional / Local / Location Keywords
- Connect with Local Business Portals
- Monitor Online Reviews
5. Pay Per Click (PPC)
PPC Stands for Pay per Click. In case you’re looking for immediate results for your business you stand a chance of getting leads from PPC.
Applying SEO factors to get a good rank in search engine takes more time but using PPC and paying money to Google to optimise your ads with proper content; Google will automatically show your ads in Search engines based on your Bid and Quality of Content.
Factors to be consideredwhile going in for PPC
- Targeted Keyword Analysis
- Chose Proper Audience
- Keep Landing Page content relevant
- Use Search Extension based on Ad
- Ad Position and Quality Score is important
6. Content creation &optimization
Before creating content for the website do a proper keyword research using Google Keyword Planner Tool, find out high search volume keywords related to your targeted keywords. After this, finalize the keywords and start developing content by using these keywords in your content.
Factors to be considered while creating Content:
- Identify the primary and secondary target keywords
- Use long-tail keywords for better results
- Targeted keywords in the website are advantageous
- Use internal linking for possible keywords
7. Citation building & clean-up
Placing proper business information like Address, Contact No. and Business Name is very important on the Google Business Page. If you place the wrong information you shall lose ranking in SERP. Always clean-up unwanted data from the online presence for growth.
Advantages of having a Good Citation:
- Increase in ranking signals in SERP
- Building-up Trust
8. Link building
Link building is an off-page SEO technique. This technique is used for getting good backlinks from Quality Sites, Related Sites and High Authority websites like Wikipedia. If you build bad quality links, Google Penguin will start penalizing your website. Therefore you must always try to build good links.
Benefits of Link Building
- Increased visibility on Search Engines
- Getting traffic from those sites
- Search engine indexes the website faster
- Import factor of SEO
9. Social Media Marketing
By connecting your website to the social media network you can increase the domain authority of the website as also the visibility in SERP.
Benefits of connecting to Social Media Network
- You can connect with a worldwide audience
- Share your updates in social network to reach your audience
- Drive traffic to website through social network by posts
10. Online Reputation management
Everyone trusts brand and online reviews before making a purchase or buying a service from others. Having good online reviews from Google Business Page, Facebook and Local Portals are signals of increased ranking in SERP.
Benefits of Online Reputation Management
- Increased trust and brand awareness
- Positive reviews increase sales / services
- Growthin profits
- Trust develops on the domain
- Good reviews speak of business transparency