Writing is a skill and not everyone can adapt it. Writing is appreciated when other people feel the same way as the writer has expressed. Everyone has their way of expressing themselves. some just tell it verbally whereas most of them find it difficult and find it easy to express via writing. If someone is passionate about writing they must enhance this skill and use the talent instead of ignoring it. Today writing has a wide scope and nothing better than transforming your passion into a profession. You enjoy the work when you do what you like. One of the professions of writing is content writing.
Content writing: content writing is all about planning, researching, writing, and editing web content for digital marketing purposes. The content can be for a website representing a company’s brand, selling a product or it can any blogs/articles on a particular topic and provide knowledge to others.
Is content writing easy or difficult?: As long as you have your voice and the content you are planning to write is unique the job is never tough.
How to start effective content writing?: To make the content effective first and foremost thing is to choose the headline that attracts the audience. This will decide if the audience will see your content further. Keep your content simple yet unique, do proper research, focus on your title, optimize the content.
Different forms of content writing: To keep the audience entertained you can use different forms of content like videos, audio, blog post, articles, case studies, e-books, infographics, etc. The most popular content with which the audience will not get bored and how to use them is mentioned below.
- Blogs: Blogs are the most effective form of content. They are informative discussions about a particular topic. Blogs are usually informal and that’s what makes them more interesting. Blogs have become the most important thing on the internet and over the years it has become more sophisticated. Blogging improves search engine optimization if done correctly with the proper keyword research. There is also guest blogging when you want to write something on someone else’s website. A few of the benefits include managing online identity, builds trust, brand awareness, drives traffic to the website, etc.
- Videos: People like visuals more than any other formats as if they see with their eyes it builds confidence among them and hence brings more trust. Videos contribute the most in generating business revenue. Most age groups spend time watching videos on the internet. People have become smart as they check on the internet specifically videos before buying anything. Be it appearance, review, usage, or any other thing video covers it all. Short informative videos on how-to, or reviewing the products will help people in decision-making and drives more traffic to the website.
- Infographics: Infographics is the most popular and shared content on the internet as it is a type of content that provides visuals of charts and graphs. When you give a graphical representation of any content people like it the most as they are easy-to-understand with minimal content. You can use infographics when you are trying to explain a complicated subject. People like it more when the content includes graphical charts and has the facts and figures right. Many tools are available in the market that can be used to create infographics such as Canva, Piktochart, Easel.ly, Visme, etc.
- eBooks: eBooks also called electronic book is a publication in a digital format that includes text, images. It is available on computers and any hand-held devices. Although eBooks requires a lot more investment than the other forms of content and also more involvement it is one of the best content format available. They are usually available in pdf and HTML format. It helps in lead generation. For this also the title is very much important to attract the users so that they explore more through eBooks. This requires research and quality time to prepare.
- Case-studies: Again a different but one of the most popular types of content. With case-studies your business can demonstrate the services that you have served for your clients. With case-studies, people relate more as it is your previous clients who are speaking and who have seen your work. You can usually prepare the case studies of those clients who have got benefits from your work and are happy. This will boost the confidence among users that you are trustable and worth giving a try.
Conclusion: It is always better to type different types of content so that you can drive more traffic and also the audience will not be bored.