In this Digital Era, every online marketing industry continues to grow as more businesses are taken to the internet to boost the sea of potential online customers. For any business to prosper, they must make themselves easy to find in a quick Google search. Presently, more than 1 billion websites and each of these is tussling for attention in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). This makes Search Engine Optimization (SEO) an attractive skill set and an excellent way to gain a competitive edge in the job market.
What Is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of growing organic traffic from unpaid search engine results in Google, Yahoo, and others to your website. To rank well enough for keywords that matter is up to you and make your website more eminent in search results, applying SEO strategies is a must.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
Optimization: It includes on-page and off-page SEO;
On-Page SEO: In-turn includes-
- Content creation and optimization
- Conversion rates
- Images uploading
- URL structure
Off-Page SEO: In-turn includes-
- Guest blogging
- Driving traffic from social media
- Link building
- Press releases
Mobile Optimization: In-turn includes
- Keyword Research
- Content marketing
- Paid and unpaid marketing
- Social media marketing
- Web development
Steps to Become an SEO Expert
- Learn the basics of SEO:
- You have to understand how audiences and search engines interact, and what you can do to optimize content efficiently
- The type of content that users want and expect. It’s all about user needs.
- The internal workings of how search engines actually work.
- Understand SEO tactics and concepts
- The tools and techniques required to optimize websites.
- Emerging tools knowledge.
- Participate in SEO training
- Take training of SEO in a good institute
- Get trained with Experienced
- Be active towards industry trends and news
- You’ve to read about SEO daily.
- The major changes search engines make every day and you never know its impact on your rankings.
- Experiment with SEO plans on your site or blog
- Get practiced with SEO tools
- Show your efforts and results to your employers
- Know The Basic Search Engine Marketing Concepts
- Always get in touch with emerging tools.
- Get the Right SEO Tools
- Be Practical– Don’t stay theoretical
- The Biggest Thing “Be Patient”
What Skills Should SEO Expert posses?
Best SEO specialists are people that are experienced in different areas of digital marketing. This also includes other digital marketing skills, like writing and web design. With that, other key skills that an SEO expert should have:
- Ability to identify high-volume keywords
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Where and How to include keywords to a webpage
- Intermediate to advanced copywriting skills
- Proficient in visual content, like video and infographics
- Ability to promote and build links to web pages
- Analyzing how technical SEO impact ranking
- Knowledge of SEO trends and Google algorithm evolution
Frequently asked questions
What is a SEO?