To acquire more visibility on Google search, businesses create a Google business listing, officially known as a Business Profile. If you’re a business owner, you might not know that creating a Business Profile does not give you management over it, and you need those management and editing skills to work your Business Profile as an effective SEO and lead generation tool.
So, now how do you manage your Google Business Profile? The answer is that by creating a free Business Profile, you also have to separately create a free Google My Business account for that Profile. Google My Business account means the owner of Business Profile, had rights to manage it, and open additional free features to increase your visibility on Google.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a tool that permits you to manage and enhance your Business Profile on Google. Your Business Profile in Google’s term is Google business listing. Business Profiles pop up in Google Maps and in the local results of Google Search.
Creating a Business Profile is something that anyone can do and is the same as adding a place to Google Maps. Google just requires the business name, location, and category. Once Google is confirmed that it is not a duplicate, they create the Business Profile for that location. Then Business Profile is open to all to put reviews, add pics, ask queries, and even answer questions.
Benefits of your business with Google My Business:
- Totally free to add or claim your business
- Stand out in local search results with a local listing.
- Business hour, phone number and offers show up in Google Search
- Shows location of your business address on Google Maps and Google Search
- Update your business information correctly
- Respond to reviews and develop a local fans love and trust
- Upload pictures and videos of business.
- Handle multiple business locations from a single account
Why your business with Google My Business:
Firstly, a Business Profile can exist on its own, apart from a Google My Business account. And whether you created your own Business Profile or not, you don’t have the capability to manage the displayed information or the reviews it collects.
That’s where Google My Business comes here. By creating a Google My Business account, you can customize, manage, and enhance your Business Profile on Google, all for free, which we’ll get into next.
How to optimize your business listing to target the right audience:
a. View Your Google My Business Listing: Google search and see for your business popped up on local listings or not, you can then claim your business listing and verify.
- Build a Complete Profile: Make sure to enter important business information like the address and phone number, opening hours while setting up your GMB page.
- Give Share Reviews option to Customers: About 91% of customers say having positive reviews was a crucial factor in choosing a business/store to shop from. Ask your customers to review your business on Google to attract more audience.
- Upload Photos and put offers: Use of business with photos on their Google listing is the best strategy to get the best ROI. 2 out of 3 shoppers also look for discounts or sales when searching online. By posting relevant photos, offers, and special events you can make the most of the moment customers search easier and attractive for them.
Frequently asked questions
What is a Google business website?
Google business website is a professional website for your business that you can set up in minutes and its free. It’s created automatically using your Business Profile information and auto-updates as you update your profile. You can choose beautiful site themes and offer customers multiple ways to get in touch with you, like messaging or requesting.
Does Google My Business have a mobile app?
A Big Yes! And it’s free. You can do everything you already do in your web account. Improved features make it easier to create a standout Business Profile.
Can I use Google My Business if I already have a website?
Yes! Your free Google Business Profile honors your website by adding more visibility to your current business website on Google Search and Maps. You can also add a link to your website on your Business Profile.
How does Google My Business help me reach more customers?
Google My Business attracts and engages customers when they search for your business on Google. Your Google business website lets you place your business professionally online, showing your photos and business details in a dazzling way.