Guest blogging, is also known “guest posting,” is the act of writing content for other company’s websites. Generally, guest bloggers write similar blogs within their industry in order to:
- Attract traffic back to their website
- Boost their domain authority using external links to high-authority domains
- Increase their brand credibility and awareness, and
- Build relationships with peers in their industry.
Almost always, guest blogging offers mutual benefits for both the parties guest blogger and the website hosting the guest content. In other words, guest blogging is a two-way street, when you decide to post your blog on others website then you should consider featuring posts by guest bloggers on your own website, too.
Benifits of Doing Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging is one of the best online marketing strategies you can invest in anytime. If you want to spread your brand’s message and win the trust of your target audience, start contributing content to other blogs related to your market.
Here are some benefits of guest blogging.
- Instant Exposure to Targeted Traffic
- Expand Your Personal Network
- Stimulate Social Media Shares
- Grow Your Social Media Following
- Improve Your Online Authority
- Fortify Your Backlink Profile
- Grow Brand Awareness
- Generate Qualified Leads
- Shorten the Sales Cycle
- Get Useful Feedback from the Community
- Sharpens Your Content Marketing Skills
- Build Your Domain Authority
- Creating New Relationships with Bloggers
- Generating Referral Traffic
- Get Valuable Backlinks
Why Guest Blogging is Most Popular?
Guest blogging offers many benefits and can even help your business be more successful, Read few reasons why guest blogging is important:
- Authority: After a site publishes your guest blog post, the site is recognizing you as someone they trust to share information. Ideally, when readers get to know about the services you provide, in the future they will remember you! as you build your credibility and readers will see you as the “go to” person for information.
- Branding: Start Building your brand by guest blogging on websites to increase your exposure. Find popular websites that are relevant to your business and request to add a guest article or blog post in website. After your guest blog post is published, new visitors will be exposed to your business. This gets your name out to a new audience and helps you build your brand.
- Website Traffic: Guest blogging increases traffic to your website. When you write a guest blog, make sure to get a link to your website in exchange. This link will send quality traffic to your website when someone reads your blog post. Increase in website traffic means more people are coming to your website to learn or to know about your services.
- New Leads: Visitors that read your blog post can turn into new leads for your business. When you start guest blogging you are networking with new potential leads. Even if they don’t reach out to your now, they have made a positive association between you and the services you provide. If you are not looking for leads, guest blogging can also help you build relationships and new contact in the industry you work in.
- Improve Your Writing Skills: Guest blogging is a great way to put your ideas in writing. When a website publishes your blog post, you start to build a portfolio of articles. You may even get proper response “comments” that inspire new ideas for things to write about or services to provide.
- Google Authorship: By guest blogging, you can attain Google Authorship, letting Google know who you are! If you are using Google+, you just add the blog post to the “contributor to” section in your bio. This helps you attain Google Authorship. Google Authorship improves your rankings in Google search results as well as click-through rates.
Can we build backlink via Guest Blogging?
Yes, Backlinks also known as dofollow links or inbound links, are links from other websites to your website. Google consider backlinks as a vote of confidence from the referring domain, boosting your website’s credibility in their eyes.
When writing guest posts, you can add one link or two to your own site within the content, and you can also link your site in your guest author bio. These backlinks are like votes the more you get, the more search engines believe your content marketing efforts are credible, useful, and valuable.
what is guest blogging in seo?
As long as you’re careful about creating high-value blogs for legitimate websites, guest blogging can be a very useful tool for building your domain authority and moving up in SEO rankings.
It’s understandable, why many have questioned that whether guest blogging will hurt their business. The risk of “spam bloggers” who try to bribe the blog owners letting them post low-quality content for their own link-building and SEO benefit, many marketers have decided to opt against it entirely.
Ultimately, developing a SEO boosting guest blogging strategy comes down to providing genuine, helpful and relevant content to educate the readers, not a low-quality content used as a mere container for links to your website.
So as long as content is of high quality, guest blogging is a great way to increase the site rankings. The way Google sees it, if other people are linking back to your blog on their own websites, then the content of your blog must be relevant and interesting. When individuals like, share, comment or link to your blog, it organically moves up in Google’s PageRank — that means, it’s more likely to pop up first when someone googles a similar topic or uses the relevant keywords.
But Google PageRank is only an algorithm, so it can’t differentiate between dynamic content and spam! So while cramming your guest blog posts with links and keywords will push you further up in the ranking, it probably won’t generate any new, high-fit traffic, and it definitely will not establish you as an authority in your field.
what is guest blogging? why it’s important for your business?
Guest blogging offers a lot of benefits for any kind of business. By sharing your expertise on other websites, you can establish yourself as an authority figure within the market, and build relationships with other leaders in your field and expose your brand to an entirely new audience. And featuring guest posts on your own blog or website will also help you deliver new perspectives and fresh content to your audience.
Guest bloggers can help you if you don’t have the resources, they offer new content to your readers without much additional time and effort by your team.
Rules for Guest Blogging?
Guest Blogging builds relationships, your brand gets exposed to potential readers, and increases your audience. Guest blogging isn’t just about writing a blog and submitting it. There are certain rules to follow if you want to make a good impression on the other blogger and their audience. Here’s a bit of guidance on making that good impression through your guest blog:
- Your post must be at least 500 words and SEO compatible unique article. It must have been never published before.
- You can put one or two promotional links and affiliate links, or your blog and social media account.
- Your post can not include violence, racisms and pornography.